Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Start of Summer!

I have been told by everyone who has lived here longer than a year that there is no such thing as a "perfect day" because of crazy weather and humidity. Well, mother nature proved them wrong two days in a row this past weekend when we had a Saturday AND a Sunday in the 80's with almost no humidity.
 
Mitchell and I took advantage of the weather by buying boogie boards, and headed to the beach. The difference at the beach was incredible compared to every other time we have gone. Obviously, last weekend we had Tropical Storm Ana, but even every weekend before that, we were pretty much the only people on the beach. Definitely not the case this weekend:
 
We took our boogie boards out, and Mitchell showed me the ropes since it was my first time. I had so much fun, and I could have stayed out there forever. Do you see the difference now between a "normal" day and Tropical Storm Ana? (Minus my crappy photog skills from this weekend, since I was just so excited to jump in the water)
 
 
This weekend was what I expected out of North Carolina when we moved here. Although I'm going to miss having the beach to myself, it is much more fun when it's nice enough to enjoy!
 
This coming weekend, we were going to check out the Outer Banks, but we procrastinated too long for a good hotel room. So intead, we are headed to Gettysburg! We are so excited. Mitchell has been working 6 day weeks, so a 3 day weekend feels like a big vacation to us now!
 
 
I will leave you with this not-so-flattering picture from our time at the beach. I think it's time we invest in a selfie stick ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment